This necklace is inspired by the beautiful woven work by Fiona Paxton. I've used a Navajo style ribbon to recreate the delicate bead work. If you'd like to make it, here's how.
- Cover the ends of your ribbon in glue to stiffen.
- While it's drying cut lengths of chain in various sizes. Lay them out to check they will hang evenly.
- Once the glue is dry, poke holes through the ribbon
- Open the links of your chain (tutorial here) and attach them to one side of the ribbon, graduating the sizes from small to large.
- Attach the other end of the chain to the opposite side of ribbon. Making sure the chain is not twisted as you do this.
And that's it. Experiment with different lengths of chain and ribbon to give your piece a little twist on the original. x